Join Us for Fall Family Weekend
Our 2019 Fall Family Weekend will be held on October 25-27, 2019!
Fall Family Weekend is hosted each fall and creates opportunities for you to visit campus, reconnect with your student(s), and experience the Duck lifestyle. The Parent and Family Programs team works hard to provide many opportunities for you to design your experience with a combination of open classes, athletic events, and Homecoming activities.
For our first-year families, Fall Family Weekend occurs at the end of a very crucial period in your student's time at the University of Oregon. We encourage our parents and families to join us for Fall Family Weekend to celebrate your student's success and see them in their day-to-day environment.
2019 Fall Family Weekend Schedule Highlights
Friday, October 25
- Check-In: Erb Memorial Union in the Crater Lake North room between 9:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m. Pick up a full schedule of events, a button for free admission into the museums and Student Recreation Center, and more! Hospitality provided.
- Glass Blowing Workshop: Craft Center between 10:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m. Learn how to create a glass float in this one-hour workshop. Must be 18+ to participate. Pre-registration is required.
- Open Houses: Multiple student resource offices are hosting open houses for parents and family members from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Visit with the faculty and staff that help support your students socially, academically, and personally. More information provided at check-in.
- Duck into a Lecture: Lillis Hall room 112 from 1:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m. Be a student for an hour! Learn more about the student experience by joining our student-nominated faculty in the classroom environment! More information provided at check-in.
- Community Welcome: 13th Avenue between Alder Street and Kincaid Street from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. This event is open to all students, staff, alumni, families, and community members. Hosted by the University of Oregon and the University Business Association, there will be a student DJ spinning live from the main stage at 13th and Alder throughout the day, interspersed with student performers. Numerous food vendors and organizations promoting community activities and resources will be present, as well as family-friendly activities and a beer garden.
- Run with the Duck 5k in Riverfront Field: Riverfront Field (south side of the Autzen Footbridge) at 4:00 p.m. Free for students, staff, alumni, and family members! The 1k Kids Fun Run across the Autzen Footbridge begins at 3:30 p.m. for ages 4-12. Click here for more information.
- Homecoming Student Parade: EMU Green to 13th Ave. and Alder Street starting at 5:00 p.m. Join student organizations, the UO Band and Cheer, the UO Dance Team and of course, The Duck, at the annual Homecoming Student Parade which will launch at 5:00 p.m. from the EMU Green.
- Homecoming Feed the Flock Pep Rally: 13th Ave. and Alder Street Main Stage starting at 5:30 p.m. (or as soon as the parade arrives). Watch performances by the UO Band and Cheer and the UO Dance Team, take pictures with The Duck, and get ready to beat Washington State! The Feed the Flock Pep Rally has a dual purpose to also raise awareness for our students, their families, and our community about food security and nutrition resources around campus.
- Arizona State vs. Oregon Women's Volleyball Watch Party: Falling Sky Pizzeria, Erb Memorial Union at 7:00 p.m. Cheer on the Oregon Ducks Women's Volleyball team as they beat Arizona State!
- Haunted Ghost Tour: Erb Memorial Union Amphitheater at 7:30 p.m. Learn about Oregon history, legends, and ghost stories with the UO ambassadors.
Saturday, October 26
- Check-In: Erb Memorial Union in the Crater Lake North room between 8:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. Pick up a full schedule of events, a button for free admission into the museums and Student Recreation Center, and more!
- UOPD Meet and Greet: University of Oregon's Chief of Police, Chief Carmichael, is hosting a Meet and Greet for parents and family members. Join him and other UO staff for breakfast in the Gerlinger Lounge (room 201) from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- "Make a Book" with the Craft Center: Craft Center between 10:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m. Create a blank scrapbook/sketchbook with a nature themed, custom-made cover. Must be 10+ (with adult supervision) to participate. Pre-registration is required.
- Washington State vs. Oregon Football: Autzen Stadium at 7:30 p.m. We encourage fans to show their Duck pride by wearing yellow to this game!
- Tailgate at the Moshofsky Center: Autzen Stadium at 4:30 p.m. Entrance into the tailgate is free with a ticket to the Washington State vs. Oregon football game. Join Parent and Family Programs as we get ready to beat Washington State! The players and coaches will walk the traditional "March to Victory" through the Moshofsky Center into Autzen Stadium 2.5 hours before kickoff.
Please check back for schedule updates. A full printed schedule of events will be available at check-in.
Planning Your Stay
For those of you planning travel, most families arrive Friday morning and leave Sunday. While you certainly are welcome to arrive earlier or stay longer and check out all Eugene has to offer, we purposely focus most of our programming on Friday and Saturday.
Remember that hotel accommodations fill up quickly during Fall Family Weekend, so we encourage families to make arrangements as soon as possible. Our partners at Travel Lane County have provided a list of hotels offering discounted rates for Fall Family Weekend participants.