Join Us for Fall Family Weekend
Our 2019 Fall Family Weekend will be held on October 25-27, 2019!
Fall Family Weekend is hosted each fall and creates opportunities for you to visit campus, reconnect with your student(s), and experience the Duck lifestyle. The Parent and Family Programs team works hard to provide many opportunities for you to design your experience with a combination of open classes, athletic events, and Homecoming activities.
For our first-year families, Fall Family Weekend occurs at the end of a very crucial period in your student's time at the University of Oregon. We encourage our parents and families to join us for Fall Family Weekend to celebrate your student's success and see them in their day-to-day environment.
2019 Fall Family Weekend Schedule Highlights
Friday, October 25
- Check-In: Erb Memorial Union in the Crater Lake North room between 9:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m.
- Glass Blowing Workshop: Craft Center between 10:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m. Must be 18+ to participate. Pre-registration is required.
- Duck into a Lecture: TBD from 1:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m.
- Run with the Duck 5k in Riverfront Field: Riverfront Field (south side of the Autzen Footbridge) at 4:00 p.m. Free for students, staff, alumni, and family members! The 1k Kids Fun Run accross the Autzen Footbridge begins at 3:30 p.m. for ages 4-12. Click here for more informaiton.
- Homecoming Student Parade and Performances: TBD starting at 5:30 p.m.
- Homecoming Campus and Community Welcome: TBD starting at 6:00 p.m.
- Arizona State vs. Oregon Women's Volleyball Watch Party: Falling Sky Pizzeria, Erb Memorial Union at 7:00 p.m.
- Haunted Ghost Tour: Erb Memorial Union Amphitheater at 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, October 26
- Check-In: Erb Memorial Union in the Crater Lake North room between 8:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
- "Make a Book" with the Craft Center: Craft Center between 10:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m. Must be 10+ (with adult supervision) to participate. Pre-registration is required.
- Washington State vs. Oregon Football: Autzen Stadium, game time to be announced 10 days prior. We encourage fans to show their Duck pride by wearing yellow to this game!
- Tailgate at the Moshofsky Center: Autzen Stadium, three hours before game time.
Please check back for schedule updates. A full printed schedule of events will be available at check-in.
Planning Your Stay
For those of you planning travel, most families arrive Friday morning and leave Sunday. While you certainly are welcome to arrive earlier or stay longer and check out all Eugene has to offer, we purposely focus most of our programming on Friday and Saturday.
Remember that hotel accommodations fill up quickly during Fall Family Weekend, so we encourage families to make arrangements as soon as possible. Our partners at Travel Lane County have provided a list of hotels offering discounted rates for Fall Family Weekend participants.