Week of Welcome
Week of Welcome is an important time for both you and your student(s). Just as we intentionally ensure that your student is smoothly introduced and incorporated into the University of Oregon, we believe that you should have a relationship with the university as well. The Week of Welcome schedule includes several events exclusively for first year parents and family members.
Week of Welcome 2018 will be September 19-23.
A full schedule of events for Week of Welcome will be available soon. Please see below for a highlighted schedule of events!
Students living on campus received their housing assignments and move-in dates on August 14th, 2018.
2018 Schedule Highlights
Wednesday, September 19
Parent and Family Lounge | 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. on the EMU Green.
Thursday, September 20
Parent and Family Lounge | 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. on the EMU Green.
UO Women's Volleyball v.s. the Oregon State Beavers | 6:00 p.m. at Matthew Knight Arena.
No-Host Parent and Family Social | 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. in the EMU.
Friday, September 21
Parents' Day Off Welcome Breakfast | 9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. in historic McArthur Court.
Convocation | 11:00 a.m. at Matthew Knight Arena.
Parents' Day Off Tours| Departing from McArthur Court at various times.
- North Winery Tour | Departs at 11:00 a.m. to Bennett Vineyards, Benton Lane, and Pfeiffer.
- Rafting Tour | Departs at 11:00 a.m. to the McKenzie River with High Country Expeditions.
- South Winery Tour | Departs at 12:00 p.m. to Sweet Cheeks, Sarver, and Noble Estate Urban.
- Hiking Tour | Departs at 12:00 p.m. to Spencers Butte with UO PE & Rec Department.
- Campus Art Tour | Departs at 12:00 p.m. to the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art and UO Craft Center.
- Brewery Tour | Departs at 12:00 p.m. to Falling Sky, Oakshire, and Ninkasi.
Saturday, September 22
UO Football v.s. Stanford | Time will be announced 10 days prior to kick-off.