How do parents and family members purchase football tickets? Do Parent and Family Association members receive any additional football ticket benefits?

Student tuition does cover free student football tickets, but it does not cover football tickets for students’ families. In the past, families would have to go to the or ticket marketplace (StubHub, etc.) to purchase tickets themselves. However, we have provided parents the opportunity to purchase a small allocated amount of tickets to help guarantee tickets at face value. The amount of tickets allocated to our program is dependent on the number of tickets readily available by the Athletics Department to distribute after renewed and new season tickets have been distributed, after student tickets are held, and the opposing team’s tickets have been held. Once we have received the number of tickets available for a given athletic event, we will provide information with instructions to purchase them.

How does my student receive athletic tickets through the university?

All student tickets are distributed through the online ticket lottery system; there is no way to secure a single game ticket before the distribution. Ticket allocation for all sports can be done through, the athletic ticketing website. Some sports are easier to receive tickets for than others based off popularity of a game or interest in the opposing team. Each game will have a separate allocation date of which students will be notified via e-mail or can check online via GoDucks.

For football, aside from trying to receive single game tickets, students have the opportunity to purchase Student Season Tickets. The price in the past has ranged from $200–$350 depending on the type of season tickets. Through this route, students have the satisfaction of knowing that they have secured student tickets to each home football game. There are limited quantities of the Student Season Tickets, and they do go fast, so plan ahead if your student is interested. An e-mail is sent out late summer term with more information on purchasing.

How do I sign up for emergency text alerts?

Campus Crime Alerts are released by the University of Oregon Police Department when certain crimes are reported on or near campus property—in compliance with federal law. These timely warnings provide information about campus safety situations, and allow campus community members to take precautions for personal safety. Parent and Family Association members receive the benefit of receiving any e-mail emergency alerts sent out from the university. To keep the UO community informed in emergency situation, the university has developed the UO Alert! text notification system. Students, faculty, and staff can stay informed about critical campus safety information by registering to receive UO Alert! messages. This text message system is one of the many ways the university provides notifications about emergencies and communicates information to ensure that many people receive notification as quickly as possible. To receive these emergency text alerts, your student must add your mobile telephone number into their list of alert phone numbers on their DuckWeb account.

To participate in UO Alert! follow these instructions:
1. Log into DuckWeb (
2. Select the “Personal Information” menu
3. Select the “Enter/Update Emergency Alert Phone” link
4. Enter your text-enabled cell phone number, including area code, and then hit “Submit”

For more information, e-mail:

How does my student receive Financial Aid?

To apply for grants, loans, work-study, and some scholarships, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

The FAFSA should be completed in the January prior to enrollment at the University of Oregon each year. The school code for the University of Oregon is 003223. It must be completed for each year that a student attends the university.

Your student's FAFSA must be submitted to the University of Oregon by the priority deadline of March 1. The FAFSA will become available on October 1 starting 2016.

The Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships offers a number of scholarships to UO students through centrally administered scholarship programs.

What is the policy regarding drugs and alcohol on campus?

The illegal use, possession, manufacture, cultivation, or distribution of drugs and alcohol on institutionally owned or controlled property or as part of any university activity is prohibited. The University of Oregon has joined other top schools in the country in offering AlcoholEdu, a program designed to inform students about responsible alcohol behaviors.

AlcoholEdu is an online science-based alcohol prevention program that provides a tailored educational experience focusing on the impact of alcohol on the mind and body, as well as sexual assault issues. Research supports AlcoholEdu as an effective tool in creating a healthy campus environment for all students (regardless of drinking behaviors). Used at over 600 colleges and universities across the country, data gathered from AlcoholEdu surveys indicates a significant improvement in alcohol-related behaviors. Students who have completed AlcoholEdu at other campuses are much less likely to develop alcohol problems or experience negative consequences (e.g. vomiting, hangovers, missing class, injuries) as a result of drinking.

According to the “college effect,” student drinking patterns change upon arrival at college. Providing students with access to an informative and developmentally appropriate alcohol education program at this critical time represents just one piece of a comprehensive institutional initiative to address issues related to alcohol on campus. This program will enable the university to gather valuable data about our students that will be shared with campus stakeholders each year.

With the recent change in marijuana laws in the state of Oregon, the university has made new regulations that prohibit the use, possession, and distribution of marijuana on campus. While marijuana is now allowed to be possessed in small quantities by people age 21 or older, possession or use of marijuana while on campus will not be tolerated.

How does my student access medical care? How does that work with health insurance?

The University Health Center offers students a broad variety of services including: primary medical care, psychiatry, dental care, sports medicine, physical therapy, allergy services, nutritional counseling, sexual health information, travel medicine, and health promotion.

Laboratory, pharmacy, and X-ray services are also available on-site at our on-campus location. Our board-certified medical and nursing staff provide a wide range of primary health care services, with an emphasis on health promotion and disease prevention.

Health insurance is not required to use the University Health Center. But we strongly recommend that students have insurance coverage because laboratory tests and x-rays, prescriptions, and other aspects of your medical care are not covered by student fees. We don't bill or contract with insurance companies. Students are responsible for directly billing their own insurance company with an itemized bill that will be provided upon request.

To bill your private insurance company, first verify with your insurance company prior to your visit with us that you will be reimbursed for services rendered at the University Health Center. Then, seven or more days after your visit, you may request an insurance statement from us by presenting your photo ID at the main reception desk at the University Health Center. It is your responsibility to submit this form to your insurance company, which will independently process your claim per the terms and conditions of your plan. Prompt filing of your insurance statement is recommended. Requests for your insurance statement can also be made by mail or fax, signed and dated by your student, along with their printed name, student ID number, and complete mailing address.

Top 15 FAQs about the University Health Center
University Health Center phone number: 541-346-2770

How can my student find an internship or job opportunity?

Internships and jobs come in different forms; some may be part-time, full-time, paid, or unpaid. Many employers know that students have other responsibilities and are willing to allow a flexible schedule. The UO Career Center recommends that an internship be nine or more hours a week. If you would like to get academic credit, check with your department or the UO Career Center in 220 Hendricks Hall, 541-346-3235.

Resources for Internships

  • Go Intern! Program (Previously CDIP)  Go Intern! Offers students academic credit for engaging in supervised, pre-professional, career-related learning experiences.
  • Job and Internship Databases
  • Academic Departments Some academic departments maintain internship information. Have your student start with their major department to find resources.
  • Service Learning Program The Service Learning Program connects students with the greater Eugene community, including public schools and non-profit organizations, to gain experience and earn academic credit.

What are the residency requirements for the University of Oregon?

When your student applies for admission, they must complete a series of questions that determines whether they meet the Oregon Administrative Rules pertaining to residency classification. If their answers indicate that they are not a resident, or their answers are incomplete or seem to provide conflicting information, they will be classified as a nonresident. Only those who are classified as residents may receive in-state tuition. For specific questions about residency requirements, please either look over the Admissions information regarding residency or contact the University Admissions office.

You may also want to look at the Tuition and Expense Calculator and the Residency FAQ.

How does student academic advising work?

It is the student's responsibility to schedule and meet with their advisor, specifically their department advisor. Students are encouraged to develop a course of study with a faculty or professional advisor that reflects their interests, goals, and career aspirations. Working with advisors and using tools such as the Degree Audit, enables students to effectively plan for graduation.

All new undergraduate students are required to meet with an advisor prior to registering for the first time and are advised to continue seeing an advisor each term while at the UO.  Students can schedule to meet with an academic advisor from the Office of Academic Advising to help make a smooth transition to the university.

How can I stay connected?

Both Parent and Family Association members and non-members are able to receive emergency alerts to stay connected about crimes that happen on campus (see above). Parent and Family Association members have the benefit of receiving monthly newsletters keeping them up to date about campus events and news relating to the University of Oregon. If you have any specific concerns or questions, our staff is more than happy to assist you via our office phone 541-346-3234 or e-mail Aside from these e-mails, all families are encouraged to follow our various social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and LinkedIn for more frequent updates.

How do I get involved as a University of Oregon parent?

There are many ways that parents and family members can get involved at the University of Oregon. We strive to create an exceptional experience for parents and give them a sense of community with the UO. Some opportunities include getting involved as a Parent and Family Association volunteer, joining the Parents Leadership Council, or becoming a member of the Parent Professional Network. The Parent and Family Association is managed by a Leadership Team of parents and family members from around the country. Leadership opportunities allow you to get involved with student life on campus, assist families by answering any questions from afar, and plan watch parties and events.

Where can I park when I’m on campus?

Visitors to our campus have several parking options. Visitor day permits are valid at most campus lots and are sold at the Department of Parking and Transportation for $10.00 per daily permit. Overnight visitor permits, valid in Lot 34E and Lot 54, are also available for purchase for $15.00 per nightly permit. All persons—including faculty, staff, visitors, and commercial and construction representatives—who park in university-owned parking lots, other than metered spaces during the period of 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday (unless otherwise posted), must obtain and display a permanent or temporary parking permit. Vehicles that park in these lots without permits will be cited. ADA spaces, fire lanes, yellow zones, and reserved spaces are enforced at all times. Map of UO Visitor Parking.

When are family weekends determined?

Family weekends are determined by the Parent and Family Programs staff and are typically hosted around campus or community events such as Week of Welcome, move-in, homecoming, and the Spring Football Game. Events differ each year and are based on parent and family interests. UO Fraternity and Sorority Life may have their own weekends in which each chapter house determines individual family weekends.

Do students live on campus after their first year?

Starting the 2016-17 school year there will be a student live-on requirement in which all first-year students within their first year of leaving high school will be required to live on campus.  Students are able to live on campus in the residence halls during their entire time at the University of Oregon. There is a wide variety of off-campus living surrounding campus; the Rent Wise calculator will help you understand the true cost of living off campus. For more information about both on- and off-campus housing, visit the University Housing website.

What resources are available for my student if they move off campus?

University of Oregon students are still able to use all on-campus resources even if they choose to live off campus. Resources that may support students include tips for developing good neighbor relationships, renter rights and responsibilities, crime prevention tips, and responsible partying tips. More information is available on the Dean of Students website.

How can I give to the University of Oregon?

Most of the things that make Oregon unique—our challenging academic programs, encouraging environment, and beautiful campus—are supported by private gifts from our close-knit community of alumni, parents, faculty, staff, and friends. Each person has a unique reason for supporting the University of Oregon. All of us carry special memories of this extraordinary school and want to ensure that future generations have the same opportunities. Every year, every gift, of every size truly makes a difference. Learn more about the difference your gifts make and the many ways to give.

For more information about giving, contact Will Williams at 541-346-0044 or by e-mail at

How does my student find out more about joining clubs and activities?

Student clubs and organizations hold the University of Oregon student community together. The Associated Students of the University of Oregon (ASUO) sponsor more than 250 student groups that students are able to join and participate in. There is a wide range of clubs available to students to join; a full list of current clubs and groups is available on the ASUO website. Students can also start their own club if they don’t find any that spark their interest. Many of the active student groups use OrgSync to organize themselves and use this website to display how to get involved.

Fraternity and Sorority Life offers many opportunities for involvement in the community at the University of Oregon. Although fraternities and sororities are student organizations, they are very different from other clubs available to students at the UO. Becoming a member of a Greek-letter organization is a life-long commitment that only begins in college. Membership in a fraternity or sorority can be a great way to become involved in the rich traditions at the UO and create life-long friendships. To get more information about fraternity and sorority life, visit the Dean of Students website.

How do I update my information with the university?

We highly encouraged you update the university with any changes in personal information ranging from e-mail address to phone number to mailing address. There are several different ways in which you should go about updating your information. If you are a Parent and Family Association member, we request you e-mail our office at with your updated information. Along with e-mailing our office, we request that you call the Business Affairs office at 541-346-3165 and additionally have your student update your information on their personal DuckWeb accounts.

How can my student change their major?

Students are able to declare or change their major or minor by going to the department office that interests them. At the department, let them know your student would like to declare or switch into that major. Before your student does this, it is a good idea to meet with an advisor in that department, even if it is not required by the department. Some departments are quite selective about who they accept into their programs, so your students can familiarize themselves with the application process, deadlines, etc.

If your student is changing from another major to an “undeclared” major they will need to go to the Office of Academic Advising in 364 Oregon Hall.

How can my student find academic support?

College can be challenging both academically and personally, but there are resources and services available to students to help them stay on track. Students first meet with their academic advisors during IntroDUCKtion. Advisors are there to make sure students are on track and get their academic questions answered.

If students are looking for another type of academic support, the Teaching and Learning Center, is an office committed to helping students get the most out of their academic experience. The Teaching and Learning Center offers a variety of services to accomplish students' academic goals, including tutoring in math, writing, languages, sciences, and study skills. Students are encouraged to attend their professors office hours and meet with their professors should they have trouble with a specific class.

How can I gain access to my student’s billing information?

In compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), student billing accounts are considered confidential. For students who have a third party, such as a parent or guardian that will be inquiring, viewing, or making payments on the student billing account, the student will need to establish the third party as an authorized payer on the QuikPAY system. Students can establish up to five authorized payers by following these directions.