Monthly e-Newsletters and Emergency Alerts
All members receive monthly e-Newsletters during the academic year. These communications address resources, important timelines, and upcoming events. Emergency alerts are automatically provided via e-mail to all Parent and Family Association members.
Parent and Family Association members are given priority registration to family weekends and to events such as athletic ticket presales and webinar registrations. Get early access to events before they sell out.
Parent and Family Association members enjoy discounts at each family weekend event. Members who also join get a one-time 20 percent off discount to the Duck Store when they visit.
Tax Deductable Gift
Our parent and family communications, events, and support are all made possible through generous gifts. All gifts are tax deductable and help us support our parent and family community.
The University of Oregon Parent and Family Association is a group of Duck families who have made the choice to be active and engaged with their student's university. It was established in 2005 to enhance programs and services provided to parents and family members of UO students. Families can join the Parent and Family Association for a one-time $70 membership fee that is utilized to provide increased accessibility, services, and events for families. The fee provides a “lifetime membership” that lasts as long as your student attends the university, as well as any siblings who also decide to become Ducks. The one-time membership fee will be waived for families who are Pell Grant eligible. Membership in the Parent and Family Association provides family members with a community-based connection to the university, while also serving as a vehicle for input and feedback to campus programs.
Membership benefits include:
- Monthly e-mail newsletters
- Discounted tickets to family weekends
- Volunteer and service opportunities
- Admission to museums and the Student Rec Center during family weekends
- Access to key Division of Student Life administration
- Exclusive e-mails during the first six weeks of school
- Urgent news updates and notifications from the UO Connections with Duck Families in your region
- Priority event registration
- Special discounts with the Duck Store
- Access to the Parent Professional Network
- Invites to send-offs, watch parties, and more